Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FAQ

FAQ 4 years 8 months ago #3

• kramaxa
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 186
Balance
I've programm a tool that allows to make flightplans easier 3 different ways:
1) LIFO method. Means that aircraft was only looking for a nearest flight and no balancing was done. Flightplans sometimes go like this:
AC1,#############################
AC2,#####################
AC3,#########
AC4,###
Only a few flightplans done that way (UTair, VIM-Avia, Iraero, Polet, Moskovia & Vladivostok Air).
2) Average circles method. Means that every aircraft of the same type with to have equal amount of landings, i.e.
if we have 20 flights and 2 aircrafts, than each plane will try to have 10 flights a week. Airborne time may vary from +/-5% up to 50% depends
on country, airline specialization, route lengths, aircraft types, number of airline bases and etc.
3) Average airborne time method. Is similar to average cirles method, but each aircraft seeks for equal airborne time.
All these methods came from a real practice but slightly adapted to MSFS requirements.
Usually I use average airborne method or sometimes combine methods for different aircraft types. So the balancing is doing now and if you'll
even see a flightplan like LIFO it doesn't mean that there's no balance. I started to include log text file containing
info about total weekly airborn time for each aircraft, fleet utilization and more info.

Accuracy
Accuracy depends on a free information avaible in web. Only free information is used in making flightplans (schedules, fleets & etc.)
Usually I use original airline schedule from its website. Timetable is a very dynamic thing and may be changed on a fly.
Timetable has more advertisment charachter neither informative and may contain some errors. All that means that flightplan is not 100%
corresponds to future reality or original schedule. But it is close to original as much as possible.
The quality of free information is not good enough. Sometimes you'll see departing/arrival times/aircraft types in airport timetable that
very differs from airline timetable. Once I've seen 4 different timetables for same airline: airline web, hub aiport
web, aviaregulator info, another schedule web.
MSFS has restrictions like time circled to week. For exapmle we have 3 daily long-haul flights and 2 aircraft, that in real life aircraft
are changes from week to week. It is not possible to make such flightplan right way in MSFS.
I also try to find out (when it's possible) where aircraft works when airline has more than one hub, consider colour schemes, engines, winglets & etc.

Optimized speed version
If you'll compile flightplan without @ symbols the arrival time will be changed by compilator. The arrival time depends on aircraft speed
from aircraft.txt file and orthodrome distance between airport. In fact the route between two airports is not straight
line so average speed for orthodrome should be slower. There're also more factors that 'slow down' an aircraft.
It causes such effect if you comile flightplan UTTT,4/01:35:00,4/04:45:00,360,F,661,USSS with a speed 460, the arrival time will be changed
to approximately 04:04. So the landing of the aircraft will be about 40 minutes earlier (sometimes arrival time could
be more than an hour earlier). Also if you'll load MSFS in USSS at 03:49 aircraft is already near the gate.
Don't you think that 1 hour is tooo much? So it needs to slow down the aircraft to get arrival in 04:45.
In optimized speed version each aircraft has its own speed counted backwards (orthodrome distance diveded by in-flight time) and the arrival
times are closer to times from original timetable. It's not perfect, 'cause every leg has its own speed when MSFS
has speed to all aircraft legs.
The second effect is same flights in different days will arrive in different times because each aircraft now has it's own speed. For example
the flight from above will arrive in 04:40 on mondays, 04:45 on thursdays, 04:29 on fridays and so on... In real
life arrival time is also varies from day to day depending on flight levels, winds, routes and whatever else...
Also I use it to check accuracy of departing and arrival times. If leg speed is more than cruise speed it means time errors (some exceptions
exist for very short routes). 1 flightplan of 3 has such errors like supersonic speeds.

All your questions, wishes & etc. will be considered with pleasure.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds