Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5254

• tandccongos
  • Thank you received: 7
Odd situation that I haven't seen before...Anytime I upload a UTT flight plan to FS2004, AI traffic does not show in the sim. If I revert back to a Su17 or Su15 plan, the AI shows up. I use TTools to install manually and the weird thing is, if I install a Summer 2018 AIG flight plan for the same airline (e.g. Egypt Air), the aircraft shows up in the sim.... :huh:

Are these new UTT summer 2018 FP's compiled differently than in the past? I thought maybe the airport coordinates were for FSX or P3D so I tested that theory false because I used FS2004 coordinates for the flight plans but AI aircraft still did not show up in FS2004.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Chris
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by tandccongos.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5263

• Q400Dasher
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Chris I am a complete novice at this, but I use FS9 and use UTT fp,s a lot have used all Su18 and all ok. Aircraft show up. Just fyi. Good luck, cheers jim

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5265

• HankyPanky
  • Always happy landings
  • Thank you received: 31
Flightplans from UTT and from AIG are basically different, so you cannot compare these. UTT plans are for manual installation via TTools or AIFP, neccessary aircraft models and repaints should already be installed. AIG has everything onboard including download links to repaints. As Chris said, nearly all FP's from UTT are working and error free.

Sometimes there are hints/links to repaints within the aircraft.txt, in the same line as the title. This makes the aircraft.txt unusuable with TTools. You need to edit those aircraft.txt files manually, and remove everything after the last title closing ".

If that's not the reason, you go through the usual check procedure: Starting with the aircraft.cfg - is the title correct, no hidden blanks or something else, is the model correct, the .air file correct, the texture folder correct? Next check is using a software to display the texture. Best are ACM (the old aircraft container manager) or the FSRepaint, also AIFP and MCX will help you here. If these programs can display the aircraft with the desired texture, everything is ok within your aircraft folder.

Next is to compare the title entry from your aircraft.cfg with the one from the aircraft.txt, if they are absolutely identically - again, no hidden characters, no blanks.

As a complex AI setup can rapidly have 10.000s of texture folders, one should have a clear structure of naming. Think of everything that can make the process of looking for errors as easy as possible. It make take a little more to install, but will help you when something is wrong.

A simple example: The aircraft title should always point you directly to the path, means:
FAIB A320-200 CFM ACA_NC has a texture folder named ACA_NC, it must contain CFM engine textures, the air file should read for the A320-200 (not A319 or A320sl), and it's a FAIB model.

Hope this helps and guides you on the right way ;-)
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by HankyPanky. Reason: Some typo's :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tandccongos

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5267

• tandccongos
HankyPanky,

All my textures are correct because if I load a FP previous to Su18, the A/C shows up in FS2004. I have triple checked that the aircraft.txt titles are correct or they wouldn't show up in the earlier FP versions. I see that the links to paints are in the aircraft .txt file and remove those when I copy the title of the aircraft over.

Darndest thing. I've been adding FP's for years from UTT and never had an issue until Su18. I'll keep on keeping on but this has me stumped. For now, I'll have to use older FP's until I can figure out what's the matter.

Thanks for your input.

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5268

• HankyPanky
  • Always happy landings
Hm, funny thing... Sorry if my comments sound precocious, that's for sure not my intention!

Do you have an example where Su2017 is working, but Su2018 not?

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5270

• tandccongos
Su18 Egypt Air and Su18 Lufthansa....Actually, any of the newly released German airlines Su18...I can attach them when I get home form work if you care to see them

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5271

• HankyPanky
  • Always happy landings
Hm... I installed the LH ones too, without any problem. Ok, I reworked the plans a little as I painted the fleet by my own.

But the main is the same. They show up fine both in FS9 and P3Dv4.

To be honest, at the moment I've absolutely no idea where your problem is...

I'll try Egyptair this weekend and come back to you.

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5272

• tandccongos
Thanks....I swear I'm not doing anything different than I've been doing for years...No issues with AIG Su18 plans...Stumpped to the Nth degree

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 3 weeks ago #5273

• tandccongos
Added all the new Indonesian FP's for Summer 2018 and no AI in FS2004...If add the Su17's for Indonesia, they all show up....Something is definitely amiss.

Summer 2018 UTT FP's not showing up in FS2004 8 months 2 weeks ago #5274

• HankyPanky
  • Always happy landings
So, you also installed Citilink and Wings Air for Su2018, replacing the previous ones from Su2017? And 2017 shows up, but 2018 not?

Which way you are installing, and which version (default or optimized) you choose? Are you using AIFP or manually editing the aircraft.txt?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds