Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2832

• Zoom777
  • Thank you received: 1
Greetings UTT forum,

I'm adding RATS AI Ilyushin IL-76 Base Model with some repaints for it but none of them are appearing in the FS2004, I would like to know why please. Is there a special way to install the model or the repaints for them to appear? Because I have checked and checked and checked and checked many many times, the model, textures, aircraft.cfg file, .air file, [fltsim.x] (in order, 0 to 6 for example) sections of each paint and all seem correct, I set an easy flight plan created by me to test the ones I'm adding, I don't know why the AI aircraft is not appearing in the sim, there's nothing at any parking spot, the parking spots radius are big enough for the AI aircraft to be parked at. I don't know if I'm missing something for the model or repaints or something else, I've been adding lots of AI and they were fine.

Here's the model..
www.unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ai-m...hin-il-76-base-model

Here's a repaint..
www.unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ai-r...r-force-il-76-05-red

Could someone please help, take a look at it or something. Please, it will be very appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2833

• PupOK
  • Thank you received: 5
Have you checked model folders as well including cfg files? Is the plane visible in sim menu? You can make it visible and invisible by editing "aircraft type=0 (visible) and 2 (invisible) in .air file. (Program: library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=89432&Cookie=1).
Could you Attach here your AIrcraft.cfg or better the whole Il-76 folder without textures, aircraft and flightplans files pls.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by PupOK.

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2834

• Zoom777
Why attach the folder since it's the same one from the download? The AI is not in the sim entirely, menu or in flight, none.

Here's my full process of installation...
1 - downloaded the base model from here, opened it and dragged the folder "Traffic Il-76" to FS2004's aircraft folder.
2 - The model comes without a blank texture so the [fltsim.x] section that is already included in the aircraft.cfg file is useless and can be overwritten. (however, I did try to leave it and replaced the x of [fltsim.x] with 0)
3 - added a repaint, installed its texture folder and added its [fltsim.0] section in the aircraft.cfg file.
4 - added another repaint, installed its texture folder and added its [fltsim.1] section in the aircraft.cfg file
Both repaints [fltsim.] sections seems correct after checking them many times.
5 - created a flight plan, copied the title= name of each repaints and pasted them into the aircraft file of the flight plans...
This is the flight plan... (same flight plan used for other repaints, AC#2, etc...)
AC#1,NAI18,1%,24Hr,IFR,07:59:32,@11:19:45,310,F,0348,OMDB,12:09:30,@15:29:32,300,F,0348,OLBA
6 - Run FS2004, select OMDB airport, set time to a few minutes before 12:09 PM GMT then fly
7 - The AI's are not there at any parking spot. I have a custom made OMDB parking spots, so there's lots of spots available.

Someone else has tried it too and had the same problem as me, the AI are not in the sim. There is something missing or wrong with all the models or all the repaints, I don't know what is the issue. You can try it and you will see. Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2835

• JohnTenn
Zoom777

I have had a look at the Armenian AF paints.

I had no problems with other paints showing up.

I used AI-Aircraft-editor to view the aircraft.

For some reason I could not see the Armenian aircraft until I changed the top line of the Flightsim entry to:

[fltsim.12]
title=AI RATS Il-76M Armenia Air Force 76310.

The correct textures would not show until I changed the texture reference to: Armenia_AF\76310 from Armenia_AF/76310. Just the angle of the slash.

No idea why it does this.

Hope this solves your problem.

John

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2836

• freelancer
I just installed the model and paints (did not have the model or any paints installed previously). Like you, I noticed that the fltsim entry that came with the model had no texture folder and was basically useless. I deleted that entry and added the 3 for the Armenian paints (numbered them accordingly). All 3 showed up in AI-Aircraft Editor. I made no other changes to the entries. Using the flightplan you posted, I created a traffic bgl and went to OMDB at 12:00 PM GMT and all 3 planes showed up, taxied and took off. I'm using FSX with default scenery.

Zoom777 wrote:
2 - The model comes without a blank texture so the [fltsim.x] section that is already included in the aircraft.cfg file is useless and can be overwritten. (however, I did try to leave it and replaced the x of [fltsim.x] with 0)
3 - added a repaint, installed its texture folder and added its [fltsim.0] section in the aircraft.cfg file.
4 - added another repaint, installed its texture folder and added its [fltsim.1] section in the aircraft.cfg file

I get the impression you left the original fltsim entry (the useless one) in the aircraft.cfg? If you did, that seems to be the problem, especially if you numbered it [fltsim.0] and then added another entry and numbered it also [fltsim.0]. If this is what you did, delete the original (useless one) and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, can you post the contents (just the [fltsim.x] entries) of your aircraft.cfg here?

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2837

• Zoom777
I appreciate your reply but none worked after I tried the same thing you did.
What did work was to create folders of each different individual repaint variations and without having a slash / or \ in the texture. name and the fltsim. section texture= line. The title= line doesn't have effect as all my repaints are showing up with their textures in AI-Aircraft editor but still not in FS2004.

But please note, I have attached a picture of AI-Aircraft editor, the FLTSIM.0 is missing from the boarding list. I have also sent you my full aircraft.cfg file to take a look and test it please.

EDIT --> I wanted to add my full folder and the repaints but it's exceeding limits. If you like, use the FP that I provided earlier.
Departure of AI aircraft is at 12:09 PM GMT so load the sim a few minutes before that time, 12:04 PM GMT for example, to try and find it.

@freelancer : Hmm you said you were using FSX, I'm using FS2004 and the model shows it's for FS2004, so I guess that's why it's not showing up? It's for FSX only?
www.unitedtrafficteam.com/index.php/ai-m...hin-il-76-base-model

File Attachment:

File Name: Aircraft.zip
File Size:4 KB

Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Zoom777.

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2838

• freelancer
The model you linked is for FS2004, I'm just using it in FSX.

I take it none of the paints show up in FS2004?

I looked at your aircraft.cfg and everything looks right. After renaming my aircraft.cfg, I placed yours in my aircraft folder and opened AI-Aircraft Editor. I got the same as your screenshot. Double checked your cfg and found nothing to explain why [fltsim.0] was not showing up. I compared the two side by side and the only thing I found different (other than I only have 3 entries to your 26) was a couple of blank lines I had put in mine (that's just the way I do it). My thought was, that there was no way that a blank line or two could have anything to do with the problem (not even sure why I tried it), but I did. I added one blank line before [fltsim.0] entry in your cfg and saved it. Opened the editor again and BAM, [fltsim.0] appeared. I don't know why. I changed it a couple of times just to see if it was a fluke. It wasn't. I then removed the two blank lines in my cfg and [fltsim.0] did not show in the editor. I left it that way, fired up FSX and no surprise that the aircraft did not show up. Shut down FSX and added the two blank lines back in. Fired up FSX again and they were sitting at the gates.

Open your aircraft.cfg and add one blank line before your [fltsim.0] entry and save. Let me know if that worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoom777

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 11 months ago #2839

• Zoom777
Unbelievable! That was it! I added a blank line before [fltsim.0] in the aircraft.cfg file and all my 26 repaints showed up in the sim, including [fltsim.0] in AI-Aircraft editor.

Yeah like you said, it is really weird that blank lines would make it work.
I have other AI aircraft models with 1 blank line between each [fltsim.x] sections while some others don't have any.

But I really don't know how could you figured it out because usually a blank line before the initial [fltsim] which is always [fltsim.0] is usually unnecessary and like you said "My thought was, that there was no way that a blank line or two could have anything to do with the problem".

However, when I tested all of them together using twice the same FP but with little different departure times at the same airport, I got a crash to desktop and looks like the lines of "atc_parking_codes=" and "atc_parking_types=" needed adjustments. I simply kept the codes= lines blank and types= lines "CARGO,RAMP" then it was ok.

So finally, after months of many tries, it was all because of a missing skipping line before [fltsim.0]. And you say it happened to you as well in FSX, so now we know that trick when it comes to other AI like that. Thank you so very much freelancer, very very appreciated, thank you!! I really wonder if anyone could have ever figured it out because surely no one would ever think of a skipping blank line, especially initial [fltsim.0]

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 10 months ago #3140

I was having the same problem As I was reading everyones comments about this it was not till came upon the last comment (adding a blank line) did I get mine to work as well. Thanks to everyone here for their input.
Robert P. Armstrong

Problem with RATS AI ILYUSHIN IL-76 Base Model 1 year 10 months ago #3141

• freelancer
Glad to see it worked for someone else. I just wonder how many other people are having this problem.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds